Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Weekly Spotlight Challenge- Knowledge

Hello again! How did you all do on last week's challenge? Did you do some of the value experiences in your book? Did you think about your individual worth? Leave a comment to let me know what you did! I tried to think about my own individual worth this week. I am the type of person who likes to please other people. When we have guests over, I feel the need to entertain them, or get them anything they need. Sometimes though, I need to realize it is okay to please myself too, and not just other people. I am not saying that you should try to stop pleasing others. I am just saying (or rather, typing) that you should  not be afraid to please yourself.

I know that you are completely in the dark concerning this week's challenge. Well to bring you out into the light, it is knowledge. I know you totally didn't see that coming based on the title of this post! (May I just point out that this is a really cool coincidence with school starting up?) What most people think of when they think of knowledge is what you learn at school, or really important life lessons taught to you by an elderly person. This week's challenge though focuses on a completely different type of knowledge though. This type of knowledge is spiritual knowledge. I want you to seek it out. A scripture that sums up this week's challenge is D and C 88:118 "Seek learning, even by study and also by faith"

This week's challenge will require scripture study. This week, instead of just reading your scriptures, I want you to think about what you are reading, highlight things that stand out to you, pay attention to the story. Another good thing to do this week is pray. Seek out the knowledge from Heavenly Father. Ask him whether the scriptures are true. Read about church history. Ask an adult about how they searched for knowledge when they were your age. Make up your own way to seek knowledge. This week I will post about people who searched for knowledge. (I WILL this week I WILL!) Don't forget to leave a comment on how you did on last week's challenge!!
Art from:  http://forums.mormonshare.com/sites/default/files/images/knowledge-temple.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment