Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekly Spotlight Challenge: Divine Nature

Before I give you this week's challenge, I am going to give you my overview on how I did on last week's challenge. Last week's challenge was faith. I did do a couple things to build my faith. Every morning and night I said my prayers. I really did try to connect with Heavenly Father while I was praying though, not just doing it to say I did it. I also tried to read the scriptures each night. (Although I admit I did miss a few nights.) While I read I tried to thoroughly study the scriptures though and not just read over the words. I also did a value experience in my personal progress book. So that is my weekly overview and I really think that my faith has grown, even if it is just a bit. Now comment and give me yours!

This weeks spotlight challenge is... divine nature! We as young women have a duty to develop our divine nature and that is exactly what we will be doing this week. For divine nature, I honestly think the best way to help develop that is by doing some of the value experiences. I have done a couple of them and they really do help you develop a divine nature. You can also make a list of virtues that you think are part of a woman's divine nature. Then chose one or two of them to work on this week. Ask your own mother or a leader what they did to develop divine nature when they were your age. Those are just a couple of ideas that you can do. If you don't like them, go ahead and make up your own way to develop divine nature!

Like last week, I will post stories of women developing divine nature or things that I have done to develop divine nature. (Although I will try to do more than last week!) Don't forget to give me last week's overview and don't forget your challenge this week! I will be helping develop my divine nature this week and will give my overview next week along with next week's challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie---this is Nona again on Kris's computer. You did something else last week that you don't even know you did that helped you with your faith. When you mom said she didn't have a good feeling about you coming down you listened to her. Learning to listen to the spirit is a huge part of faith and last week you really went above and beyond to make sure you were following the Holy Ghost. I am so proud of you for doing this blog and working on your Young Women Values. See you soon---Love Nona

    ReplyDelete